Tuesday, March 21, 2006


My "day job" is teaching and I teach in art in a special art program at a high school here in Toronto. I often draw my students, to use them (the drawings, that is) as examples for something in class, but also because I like to do it. I have become quite fond of a simple graphite stick on crappy newsprint. I like the newsprint because there is no committment of having to do a great drawing because you spent all that money on some gorgeous Italian, hand made, 100% rag, archival paper.

You just draw and if you screw up you throw it away. (I mean, recycle.)

These are some recent drawings that I have done.

The top one was a student of mine, who was working away quietly (for a change) and I drew him without him knowing.

The second one is from having to do an "on call", basically baby sit another teachers class. It was a computer class and most of the kids were too busy playing onl line games to be aware that I was drawing them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

THank you for enjoying my blog!! Love your drawings and illustrations, they are great!!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Fantastic work - I particularly love these drawings

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML COUNTER
HTML COUNTER