Saturday, April 01, 2006























This is one of my favorite drawings from my sketchbook. It is done after a drawing by one of my favorite artists, a fellow by the name of John Waterhouse.

He was an English artist who has been associated with the Pre Raphaelites. He mostly painted scenes from Greek mythology and Romantic fiction. Highlight pieces would be "The Lady of Shalott", "Hylas and the Nymphs" and "La Belle Dame sans Merci".

Anyway, enough of the art history lesson. This is from a simple pencil drawing that he did. This is how I sometimes spend my lunch time and spare periods, drawing and dreaming about working as an artist again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marsha Loftis said...

Nice art. I like your drawing and such

9:48 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Wow. This is really exquisite. I'm impressed! :0)

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML COUNTER
HTML COUNTER