Wednesday, June 13, 2007


This isn't art related, or even family related, but I thought I had to post this.

I just found out recently that a former student of mine had fulfilled his dream of playing college hockey on a scholarship in the US.

This is Harry (Harrison) Taylor. I had him in my Gr 1o illustration class back in 2002-2003. He took the class more because he thought that it might be interesting rather then he wanted to pursue art as a possible career. He was playing a high level of hockey and was always interested in talking about hockey in general, which I was always more then interested in doing as well. He always said that his dream was to play NCAA hockey as opposed to going the OHL route.

A really nice guy, good student. I was really glad for him when I found out that he was playing for Dartmouth College. Harry disproves the adage that nice guys finish last

He promised me that when he made the NHL that he autograph his hockey card for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML COUNTER
HTML COUNTER