Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Illustration Friday, RED

For my submission I have gathered a selection of drawings done in RED pencil. Some of them were done with a red pencil crayon while others were done with a cheapy red pencil (which by the way, I quite like!)

Enjoy.























This was a drawing of my eldest son as he was sick on the couch watching TV. It was the playoffs, so he wanted to watch.























A drawing of a student in my digital art class. This guy was, hands down, the oddest kid that i have ever had in my class. He didn't say a word all semester. He would sit at the same computer and not look left or right.
























Same class as above, different student. She was a pleasure to teach.
























This was done at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair that is held every November here in Toronto. It is a great place to go and draw. I remember going there as an art student and have taken my own students there for the last several years.

This is a local area painter named Martha Robinson, martharobinson.ca, who is a fixture every year, drawing and painting the animals. She was quite flattered with my drawing of her, drawing the animals.
























One of my favourite drawings. It was based on a pencil drawing by John Waterhouse (one of my very favourite artists)

13 Comments:

Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

What a delightful blog. Your drawing skills are phenomenal - makes me want to practice more! Love these studies in red.

4:31 PM  
Blogger juliemc said...

very nice. sometimes cheaper IS better.

5:01 PM  
Blogger arvindh said...

You have great sketches here!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Great stuff...you have some definate skills.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Kay Aker said...

What great drawings! Thanks for sharing!

10:04 PM  
Blogger tusen said...

great sketches

12:46 AM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

Delicious drawings! Thanks for sharing Martha's link as well. I enjoyed browsing there.

2:41 AM  
Blogger MION said...

Really nice to see them all.
Great style.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Samantha Jacinto said...

very nice! :D wonderful drawings!

3:44 AM  
Blogger Bearuh said...

Very nice artwork. You are very talented

5:21 PM  
Blogger 1 said...

Ah your blog is really refreshing. What amazing ability and control you have with drawing people. I would love if you could give me any advice; I'm struggling with people. Once again bravo, wish you were my teacher.

Best wishes,
Heather

12:38 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Hey! It's April! Time for a new post!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric,great work and a cool style!

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML COUNTER
HTML COUNTER